Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Life on the Prairies?


This is a picture of my Aunt Nell (Helen Marshall Crossman - 3rd from the right) along with some of her War Bride friends. Is this what life on the Canadian Prairies did to them?
The picture on the left is my Aunt Nell with one of her best friends, Lena Hammer, who was also a War Bride. These pictures were taken in Regina, Saskatchewan at a War Brides Reunion in April 1988 when my aunt was 73 yrs. old. She passed away two years ago at the young age of 91.

3 comments:

  1. What a great looking group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww....I miss Aunt Nell so much! Those are fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill. I know how you feel, I miss her a lot too - she was more like a grandma to me than an Aunt. I still catch myself wanting to pick up the phone to call her.

    BTW, I was able to get a really great picture of your great great grandfather this week. I have a copy I'm going to send to your grandma, hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete